About Boston Data Group
Learn what sets Boston Data Group apart from other cloud service providers.
History / Experience
Boston Data Group is one of New England’s leading information technology consulting firms. Over its twenty year history, BDG has built solutions for many of the region’s leading organizations in financial services, banking, insurance, retail, manufacturing and state and local government.
At BDG we believe in the power of technology to accelerate and improve business operations. We are compelled to deliver benefit driven solutions that are technically advanced, and architecturally sound. BDG was early to recognize cloud technology as the platform for the next generation of applications and has the experience to guide organizations in its adoption.
What sets us apart
Over the years our clients have told us what they value most about BDG:
- We exceed expectations
- We’re focused on business benefits first and technology as a means to deliver them
- We know technology – in particular we know cloud technology
- We collaborate intensively with your teams – it’s the only way we can ensure successful delivery
- We embrace Agile development and a DevOps approach to delivery to speed time to market
Join Our Team
Boston Data Group Careers
Our ability to meet our clients’ needs requires commitment and excellence across our organization. Each of our team members shares a passion for and dedication to our customers, their industry, our co-workers, and our community.
We know that high-quality consulting services begin with highly-skilled, determined specialists. That’s why we believe in cultivating a vibrant work environment in which our team is challenged, where they thrive professionally and personally, and achieve a fun and rewarding career.
We look for people that are proactive in their work and are creative thinkers. If you are passionate about emerging technologies like the cloud, excited about working on the latest business applications, and enjoy working with a rapidly growing consulting firm, let’s discuss a career at Boston Data Group.
Please review our openings:
Scope of position
Boston Data Group is seeking a Senior .Net Developer with at least 7 years’ experience. The qualified candidate will be experienced with web application support and development with database design skills in a Microsoft .NET/SQL environment to join a support team. This is a fast-paced environment converting legacy applications and supporting existing ones. This candidate must have a strong development background developing and understanding solutions written in C# and strong debugging skills.
- 7+ years’ experience developing and supporting large systems on the Microsoft stack.
- Experience with Entity Framework, LINQ and Lambda Expressions.
- Must be able to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Experience in cloud-based development environments.
- Experience with contemporary REST/web services development.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal with self-motivation.
- Must be able to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Ability to work individually or within a team environment.
- Participate in requirement and design discussions with IT teams and/or business units
- Translate customer needs and technology directions into application tasks.
- Ability to develop technology projects and solutions using Agile Scrum Framework; including prototyping, technical design, and specifications determined from business requirement documents.
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design.
- Ability to take direction, constructive criticism and work to specified deadlines, with the ability to execute development code with limited guidance.
- Implement programming changes to production systems following system life cycle and release strategy procedures.
- Familiarity with source control software: Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Windows/Web Development: VB.NET 2010 and greater, ASP.NET 2010 and greater.
- Database: SQL 2014 Server and ability to work with older SQL Server versions.
- Strong proficiency in C#, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Strong Object Oriented design and development. Domain driven design is a plus.
- Experience with MVC 5 and above.
- Experience in application architecture and how applications operate within the infrastructure.
- Enterprise Development: .NET, XML, JSON, Web Services, WCF, Linq.
- Full stack developer (C#, VB.NET, Entity Framework/Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET, WEBAPI, Web Services, SQL Server).
- Experience with ReactJS, Bootstrap are a plus.
- Experience with Agile Scrum is a plus.
Boston Data Group is looking to provide our client with capable resources to add immediate value to the IT Support staff. Under the supervision of the Director of Infrastructure this role is responsible for delivering support services for both software and hardware for a service-oriented support origination.
- Deliver imaged units to the designated site location;
- Set up of imaged units, monitors, and peripherals onsite;
- Ensuring operation of newly installed units;
- Serial number scan of assets installed; and
- Provision of serial number scan and verification of assets to site lead or other appropriate site personnel as directed;
- Required imaging technology skills working with SCCM packages and collections;
- Join domain;
- Restore user data (desktop, my documents, favorites, startup, NK2, Dictionary, PST, ipconfig, shares);
- Install / configure additional software to base image (as needed);
- Update users default print location;
- Wipe old PC’s onsite and complete sanitization form before removal from site; and
- Scan serial numbers of assets being removed form site and notify Asset Management of removal.
- Responsible for the escalation through appropriate channels of all systems related issues/problems.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate installation of software through the automated process and remediation of all failures.
- Required to travel throughout the state to various sites as needed or requested
- Responsible for performing related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite through current version
- Experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience with the Local Area Networks (physical hardware and logical).
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware (PCs, Laptops, Printers & Peripherals).
- Knowledge of IT industry standards.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of professional writing and communication methods.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to lift-up to 35lbs & push 65Lbs
Boston Data Group is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. The qualified candidate will provide application support and troubleshooting for both home grown and 3rd party applications and hardware. Support will include the automation of application deployments, application monitoring as well as troubleshooting. The position requires expertise with Linux and Windows Servers along with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Vsphere/Vcenter and KVM.
We are seeking a candidate with experience leading technical projects from start to finish. You will collaborate with team members and other engineers to design and implement infrastructure architecture. Manage hardware at multiple branch offices and datacenters as well as in the cloud (Azure/AWS). Perform troubleshooting of performance issues, storage issues as well as issues in VM configuration/OS configuration. Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation. Work with and manage resources from external vendors. Negotiate contracts and renewals with hardware and software vendors.
- Demonstrated project-focused and operational experience with Linux systems administration and a strong passion for Linux and technology.
- Experienced with commercial virtualization technologies such as Xen or VMware, and storage systems such as NetApp, EMC, etc.
- A strong methodical approach to troubleshooting technology issues.
- Proficiency with the Linux CLI and competency in a scripting language.
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Experience with cloud providers, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience supporting MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, and/or or Oracle databases
- Experience with implementing and maintaining configuration management (Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.,) build management (Jenkins/Hudson, etc.,) systems management and monitoring tools (i.e., Nagios/Check_mk/Icinga, LogicMonitor, etc.)
- Experience managing Windows Server Infrastructure, including Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365.
- Knowledgeable with web and application servers such as Apache Web Server, Nginx, WebLogic, Tomcat/Wildfly, and Jboss
- Experience with VMware SRM
- Security experience with firewalls, NACs (especially Cisco ISE)
- Programming experience with Python and/or Perl or equivalent scripting language
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker
- Experience with OpenStack
Boston Data Group seeks strong Full-Stack Java Developer to develop, maintain and design enterprise applications. The qualified candidate will be a highly driven, quick learner, with excellent communication and a proven leader. The ideal candidate will enjoy the opportunity to further developing their skills in a productive, challenging, and creative environment. Must have experience developing web applications with responsive web design and a java backend using Web services, Rest API’s, Micro Services, AngularJS/ReactJS and Oracle database.
- Design, implement and maintain Enterprise applications built using Java, AngularJS, Oracle and frameworks
- Resolve complex defects during testing
- Create technical design and implementation documents
- Help maintain code quality through code reviews, design patterns
- Provide guidance on intended solution and best practices during intake, development configuration and testing phase
- Collaborate with core team to manage support application
- 5+ years of development experience
- 3+ years demonstrated real world experience in Enterprise Web Application development, Object Oriented languages such as Java or C++
- Software engineering principles such as software design patterns, Database principles such as Oracle, MongDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Rest API design and implementation
- Experience with mobile development a plus
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Familiarity with Agile is preferred
Boston Data Group is seeking a Solutions Architect to assist in the migration to AWS. The qualified candidate will be responsible for reviewing the current environment and introducing a cloud solution, based on past success and referenceable experience. This will include designing, building and implementing an enterprise class solution. Hands on development experience including AWS certification is preferred. The candidate will help define the scope of the migration project in its entirety. Due to the nature of the business, security is of the highest concern.
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing; virtualization technologies, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Design, deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS environment
- Highly proficient in coding/programming with strong design and architecture experience. Experience in implementing data security in a multi—tenant environment
- Experience driving in-person discussions with senior personnel regarding best practices, project management and risk mitigation for cloud services
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Great client facing skills with the ability to articulate complex technical challenges and communicate effectively with peers
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
Boston Data Group is seeking a Program/Project Manager to develop a long-term strategy for a PeopleSoft FCSM Implementation and serve as the PeopleSoft 9.2 Upgrade Project Manager to lead Financials and Supply Chain business stakeholders through a PeopleSoft FSCM 8.9 to 9.2 upgrade. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of IT projects that include any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating suitable SDLC practices and ensuring on-time project delivery within budget. This role will provide overall leadership and oversee all aspects of PeopleSoft FSCM upgrade onsite in Boston. Additionally, this role will be required to understand complex technical requirements and effectively manage and overcome obstacles to continue forward progress.
- Develop 5-year road map for financial systems
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Lead business-facing activities for planed 9.2 upgrade including Fit/Gap assessment
- Manage multiple ongoing and planned business process-related projects within PeopleSoft Financials
- Act as IT program lead for business-driven process improvement efforts
- Develop and communicate strategies to deliver business objectives; lead team in implementation of approved strategies
- Effectively communicate status, progress, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT Management and customers throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts
- Schedule, run and document project meetings
- Organize and manage project plan to lead upgrade, as well as prepare materials and deliver bi-weekly steering committee meetings on project status
- Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and business stakeholders
- Assist business in fully integrating PeopleSoft FSCM system into their current business environment and provide input on best practices
- Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Manage, assess and negotiate project scope changes
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project=specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and other project managers
- Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention
- Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality
- Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making, managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing, training, etc. and foster confidence and trust with business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leader in delivering solutions for Oracle ERP PeopleSoft Financials Supply Chain Management and ability to thrive in a team setting, quickly adaptable and contributes high value to the project at hand
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills with executive business stakeholders, technical staff, application users and third party vendors
- Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles and methodologies delivered using various systems development life cycles including Agile Scrum
- Strong familiarity with project management software and MS Office
- Ability to define, manage and exceed business customer expectations
- Can operate at the macro level, driving large teams with multiple stakeholders but also has the ability to individually contribute to work products when required.
- Work effectively with project team members, subcontractors, and business stakeholders in a diverse team environment demonstrating the ability to build consensus amongst project team members and key stakeholders
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at any one time, while maintaining high quality standards
- PMP Certification
- 10+ years experiences in PeopleSoft FSCM with strong focus on implementations
- 5+ years direct work experience in a PM capacity on implementation projects with at least 2 full life cycle engagements with a demonstrated track record of success delivering IT projects on time, within budget and with high quality
- Managed a successful PeopleSoft Upgrade project through completion with the ability to provide customer references to support work experience
- Team member of Project Manager of a FSCM upgrade project that used 8.9 as a source, with a preference for work experience to a target of 9.2 or any other double-hop upgrade
- Team member or PM of a FSCM implementation project on version 8.9 or above with a preference for work experience on version 9.2
- Functional and technical knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 FSCM experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- Prior experience on projects with federal, state or local government is desirable
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from Waterfall to Agile
Boston Data Group is seeking a Network Infrastructure Engineer for our client in Dedham, MA. The qualified candidate will be responsible for complex systems and maintaining the flow of work in all areas of network infrastructure administration. The qualified candidate will follow a wide range of well-defined procedures that require knowledge of the company's hardware and software. Application of considerable knowledge and technical skills pertaining to a wide selection of hardware, software, and other related technologies to support the company’s network infrastructure. Exercising judgment and initiative in matching the company’s needs to the appropriate technologies. The workday involves frequent contact with personnel in other departments, information technology vendors, supplier and service contractors. This role also includes supervising lower level infrastructure engineers.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of hardware and software applications
- Considerable knowledge of the company’s data processing requirements to schedule and maintain an effective production schedule that fulfills the needs of employees, agents and policyholders
- Ability to learn new technology and impart that knowledge to others with clarity
- Microsoft certification (MCSE) is a requirement
- Ability to deal effectively with company personnel in establishing priorities of work to maintain an efficient workflow, in resolving problems to ensure the most effective use of equipment and time, and in maintaining security of data
- Ability to effectively communicate with users within the company, with persuasiveness and courtesy
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent in work experience
- Ten + years’ experience in all aspects of network infrastructure and security, including some experience with programming languages
Proficiency in the following:
Active Directory, Network switches, routers, protocols, Firewall technologies, Virtual private networks/security, Remote access technologies and securities (Citrix), TCPIP/Network address translation, DNS/DHCP, SAN Technology, Disk technologies/Raid Protection, Disk replication and snapshots, Virtualization VMware, Windows OS, Windows file sharing/permissions, printers/network printing, Linux OS, MS Office 2007 and higher, Exchange, Java Application servers, VOIP Telephone Systems, Mobile devices, Programming concepts.
- Microsoft office 2007 and higher, Exchange 2013 and mail flow, Email security/spam
- Active Directory
- EMC - VNX
- Disaster Recovery
- Network switches, Network routers, Network protocols
- Firewall technologies
- Virtual private networks/security
- Remote access technologies and security (ex. Citrix)
- TCPIP/Network address translation
- SAN Technology
- Disk technologies/Raid protection
- Disk replication and snapshots
- Virtualization VMware
- Windows operating systems, file sharing/permissions
- Linux operating systems
- Antivirus Technology
- Web browsing security
- Backup software (ex.Netbackup), Backup to disk (ex.Data Domain)
- File transfer protocols and security
- Java Application servers
- Webservers operations
- Document management systems
- VOIP Telephone Systems
- Mobile devices
- Computer/Server hardware
- Programming concepts
- Printers/network printing
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for implementing and operating security programs to protect computer systems, networks and data. This role is an ideal bridge or stepping stone for someone looking to transition from Desktop or User Support into the Information Security function.
The primary responsibility of the Information Security Analyst will be to develop operational processes and best practices for the organization in areas including, but not limited to, Identity and Access Management, Security Awareness and Training, Physical/Life Safety and Privacy. Other responsibilities include, system access reviews, risk assessments and other related activities in support of the team’s mission. Additionally, the Information Security Analyst assists in the response to business disruptions, security incidents and other control functions as necessary to satisfy the Information Security Team’s responsibilities.
- Implement information security processes, tools, techniques, and control activities defined by our Information Security program.
- Manage the security awareness and training program.
- Conduct periodic access reviews for critical applications and server administrator access.
- Development and maintenance of standards, procedures, and guidelines necessary to satisfy the Information Security department’s operational responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development and administration of security monitoring and response tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly operational activities required of the Information Security Governance program.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Information Security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications and systems.
- Provide recommendations to mitigate risks through the appropriate use of technical, procedural, and administrative controls in accordance with legal and regulatory compliance standards and established industry best practice.
- Participate in systems development projects to ensure that tasks assigned to the Information Security department are completed.
- Serve as the Records Retention Coordinator for the Information Security Department.
- Perform other duties of the Information Security department as assigned by management.
- Familiar with information security concepts, including provisioning, network security, application level security, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Working knowledge of computer networking in a client/server environment, compliance monitoring tools, user provisioning, remote access and access reviews.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Creativity, ingenuity, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Must have good technical writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively in a professional environment both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Boston Data Group is seeking qualified candidates for full time employment. Aside from being a team player and having a willingness to learn under the guidance of senior developers, the qualified candidate will possess the following:
Bachelors of Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar education and/or experience in a related field required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal – should be able to interact with business users to collect requirements
- Experience gathering requirements and creating test plans
- Experience testing and debugging systems
- Must be a problem solver
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong willingness to learn about new technologies and environments
Classwork or practical experience with relational databases, relational data models; SQL and ORACLE PL/SQL.
- Classwork or practical experience with Java, C# or related Object Oriented programming language
- Install new / rebuild existing desktop/laptop and configure in accordance with standard operational procedures.
- Where possible, automate approaches for system administration tasks.
- Independent problem investigation, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Desktop Support and customer service experience.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Configures software and resolves technical problems.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system patch management software upgrades.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology
- Microsoft Exchange – O365 Support
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Good time management skills to multitask many projects
Boston Data Group is seeking a Senior SQL Developer to assist in establishing an environment in SQL Server 2014. The qualified candidate will have considerable experience working with SQL Server 2014 and understands the various aspects very well, for example; Development, Database Administration, Deployment (hardware/network etc. and the planning associated with deployment) as well as Security. The candidate will be well versed in all components, such as SSIS, SSRS and SSAS, not just the database engine alone. Planning and Deployment are as important as development.
- EXPERT LEVEL MS-SQL SKILLS, SPECIFICALLY THE ABILITY TO CREATE / MAINTAIN COMPLEX STORED PROCEDURES, USER-DEFINED FUNCTIONS, TRIGGERS, AND OBJECTS INCLUDING EXPERIENCE IMPLEMENTING CURSORS AND TEMPORARY TABLES WITHIN SUCH PROCEDURES
- MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2014
- SSIS EXPERIENCE, SPECIFICALLY CREATING / MAINTAINING LARGE PACKAGES
- SSRS EXPERIENCE, SPECIFICALLY CREATING / MAINTAINING REPORTING AND DASHBOARDS
- EXPERT LEVEL EXPERIENCE WITH MICROSOFT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLIGIES, INCLUDING THE .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0 AS WELL AS A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF OBJECTS ORIENTED DESIGN AND PROGRAMMING
- SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES (SSIS)
- SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES (SSRS)
- SQL SERVER ANALYSIS SERVICES (SSAS)
- DATABASE DEVELOPMENT
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
- RELATIONAL DATABASE DESIGN, IMPLEMENTATION, QUERYING & TRANSACTIONAL SYSTEMS IN MS SQL SERVER AND MYSQL
- CREATING AND EDITNG WORKFLOWS
- XML EXPERIENCE, SPECIFICALLY CONVERTING DATA TO/FROM MULTIPLE XML FILE FORMATS AND DB SCHEMAS (DB RECORDS).
- ABILITY TO IMPORT AND EXPORT DATA IN A VARIETY OF FORMATS INCLUDING DELIMITED FILES
- ABILITY TO WRITE AND OPTIMIZE SQL QUERIES
- ABILITY TO WRITE, DEBUG AND OPTIMIZE PARAMETERIZED STORED PROCEDURES